Eliminate Back and Neck Pain
Relieve Pain, Save Money and Possibly Avoid Surgery
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Herniated, Ruptured, Protruding or Bulging Discs
- Spinal Stenosis (narrowing)
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerves)
- Facet Syndrome
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Pain after Surgery
Spinal Decompression can help! Spinal Decompression therapy is a non-surgical treatment for chronic back and neck pain caused by degenerative disc disease, herniated disc or other deformities of the disc. Spinal Decompression is an effective and safe treatment involving minimal cost and minimal time.
We use the ONLY FDA-cleared treatment regimen that takes a comprehensive approach to eliminating back and neck pain. Most treatments for back and neck pain only look at one aspect of the problem and treat that aspect in isolation, ignoring all of the other factors that cause back and neck pain. Patients have found effective, lasting relief and a great alternative to painful surgery by using the DynaPro Spinal Health System that we offer.
The goal of targeted spinal decompression is to apply a steady, gentle distraction to the affected vertebrae, increasing the space between them, which produces the following benefits:
- Removes pressure off the discs, bone structures and nerves in the area, which increases the flow of blood and nutrients to the discs and promotes healing
- Increases the space between the vertebrae, which aids the bulging disc to flow back into the space between the vertebrae where it belongs
- Misaligned joints may see an improvement in alignment, giving them greater mobility
- Increases the space for spinal nerves to flow from the spine to other parts of the body
- Pain relief
- Possible avoidance of surgery
- Reduced cost
The cost of our Spinal Decompression Program is about 10% of that for lumbar surgery, which makes it an economical option when appropriate.
- INSURANCE: The program is covered by most health insurance plans as part of a Physical Therapy program. A prescription for Physical Therapy is needed from your physician.
- CASH: In instances where the Spinal Decompression is needed by itself, treatment is provided on a cash basis at $100.00 per treatment session. A minimum of 8 to 12 treatment sessions are recommended to achieve the maximum benefits, with the first 2 treatments free for cash-paying patients only.
COMPREHENSIVE SPINAL DECOMPRESSION PROGRAM
PHASE 1: Light Therapy
We begin with the application of Light Therapy, which has been cleared by the FDA for the relaxation of muscles. It is imperative that the muscles in the back and neck must not be tense, sore or in spasm as treatment will not be as successful. A light pad is placed on top of the affected area at an optimum wavelength that deeply penetrates the muscles and relaxes them, making the next phase of treatment more effective.
PHASE 2: Targeted Spinal Decompression
In a healthy spine, the vertebrae that protect the spinal cord are separated by discs made of sponge-like tissue which absorb the shock of movement by the spine. Back and neck pain may be caused by several problems with the discs including:
- Degenerative Disc Disease: the disc material itself loses volume and becomes thin, causing the bones of the vertebrae to rub against each other and the nerves exiting the spinal column to become pinched
- Herniated Disc: the disc material actually bulges out from the nucleus and may even rupture, putting pressure on the nerves that extend from the spinal cord. In some cases, this results in radicular nerve pain, more commonly known as Sciatica
PHASE 3: Core-Stabilization Exercises
Once the pain has diminished, it is recommended that you begin an exercise program to strengthen supportive core muscles and improve flexibility. Many treatments for back and neck pain omit this crucial step. By stretching and strengthening the supportive muscles through exercise, you improve your body's flexibility and strength, and lessen the chances for re-injury in the future. It is recommended that targeted decompression be coupled with a professionally-supervised exercise program, followed by a prescribed exercise regimen for you to follow at home.
PHASE 4: Nutritional Support
When it comes to promoting true and lasting healing, nutrition plays an equally vital role. Your muscles, tendons, ligaments and discs all need nourishment to heal properly and enhance structural strength. While we don't endorse any specific nutritional products our patients can also purchase natural supplements through the Dynatronics website. The supplements include:
- Decompression Pack: designed to relieve pain, inflammation, tension and muscle spasm while aiding in the repair of injured tissues
- Neuro Pack: designed to reduce pain and inflammation while helping repair injured nerve tissue and facilitating nerve transmission (taken by patients who suffer from pain that radiates along the nerves, ie. Sciatica)
- Disc and Joint Pack: provides effective treatment for reducing joint pain and chronic inflammation, while rebuilding cartilage and increasing joint resilience and flexibility (taken by patients suffering from disc and joint degeneration and arthritis)